Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Merry Making'08

A Gift to be Remembered (X'mas'08)


When I was still a kid...Christmas was about presents. Time passes and for the past couple of years...the day was spent with my family sans the presents. I hardly spent the day with friends...except for that very fateful day my choir mates and I went for dinner after our last caroling session.





Yet for the first time in ages....I felt being young again. This year...I spent my X'mas with my NIE friends and being immersed in the very joy of merry making once again. Though presents were not being deemed as important as in the past...the very gesture of giving and receiving one certainly completes my day. The presents per se were not important...though with exceptions....but rather the act of giving and sharing one's joy is what that matters now.





I really do appreciate all the goodwill and wishes of my friends. Presents need not be confined within the premises of a physical entity...a simple X'mas greeting could just be the bridge to share the joy.

Anyway....I was glad BK became my guide and showed me the way to Books Actually. I had always wanted to visit the place in person ever since I read about it in the papers a couple of years ago. A quint little bookstore that houses a collection of much interesting reads with a certain strong air of literary comfort. It is certainly a little haven for all bookish fanatics....especially if getting a X'mas present for one. Alike its location....I bought a little red notepad of sorts made of moleskin...i think. Though inconspicuous at first glance....there reside an unmistakable classy charm upon further inspection...handmade and limited in stock..or at least was what I was led to believe from the online description. It being the last red one also helped....haha

X'mas came and past.
I wonder what holds in store for me the new year ahead.

Ps: Hope Uncle Sam gets better soon.

Life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home